This program (for Microsoft Windows) will export all text notes from within Microsoft Outlook into a file
that can be imported into the Evernote service via their desktop application.
This program has the following features:
- Easy to use, there are no configuration settings to change.
- Automatically removes the first line of the note if it matches the subject.
- Automatically cleans up the note should it contain trailing newlines.
- Ensures that the created time and the last modified time of each note is preserved.
- Preserves 'special' characters often created by programs such as Microsoft Word.
- Ignores unprintable characters and converts tabs (which aren't supported by Evernote) into spaces.
Outlook2Evernote is distributed under the GNU GPL. In short, this means you
get the code absolutely free. In addition you can freely make modifications
to that code and redistribute it, as long as you use the same licence. For
more details about the GNU GPL see the Frequently Asked Questions.
In order to use this program you need the following:
- A computer running Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Microsoft Office (with some notes to export)
- Evernote for Windows (download from here)
- An account with Evernote
A small amount of knowledge about Windows and Evernote would be useful.
- The latest version is 1.3 (released 19th February 2012).
- You can downloaded it in zip format (~8k). This archive also contains full instructions.